July 28, 2010

Where have you been all my life?

Seba, Seba.. where have you been all my life?
The past 5 months have flown by in the blink of an eye and I can't imagine my life before/without you.
I started this blog a little prematurely.  I was excited about your arrival and could not wait to jot, note, type, record, capture every little thing you do -- what I didn't realize was how MANY little things you WOULD do in these past super-busy, jam packed, short yet long 5 months -- 22 weeks -- 154 days ... there are so many little moments in your life, I fear missing even 1 of them.

For the past 5 months -- I've been snuggling, cuddling, kissing, hugging, loving, absorbing YOU.  For the past 5 months we probably have not been apart more than 5 hours.  For the past 5 months my love for you has surpassed any amount of love I could have ever imagined... swollen, intense, crazy love with a pressure that threatens to burst through my body and smother your tiny little being.

A few things I had jotted down over the past months:

Easter: today we went for a drive up to Jackson's Point -- just the 3 of us. It was a beautiful sunny day and we headed straight for the water... then daddy, you and I fell asleep under the sun. I wish I had taken a photo, but the memory of the hot love under the sun will forever be imprinted in lids of my eyes -- sunspots of my two boys and me on our first Easter together as a family... I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

May 24 to June 24: Italy!  You took your first plane ride -- and it was an international flight!  Daddy, you and I went to Italy.  You were baptized in the same church as daddy was. You visited Florence, Pisa, Siena, and Rome while we were there -- and you were a great little traveler.  You slept the whole plane ride there and back, waking only to eat, be changed, and flirt with the air hostesses!

At 4 months you stopped using the pacifier -- just suddenly out of nowhere you went from loving it to not caring for it at all -- we are told we are very lucky for this -- we have no idea why you stopped liking your pacifier, but we suspect it's because you didn't think it was special anymore -- we gave it to you like it was an everyday thing... and so you lost your excitement for it just like that.   We also sold your swing at 4 months -- you preferred to be free and moving -- staying still on a swing moving back and forth over and over just wasn't your thing anymore.


Becoming a mother means becoming a singer,
dancer, story teller, comedian, actress, friend, nurturer, and protector.
today I sang an invented song while shaking a tambourine like rattle for 20min
it was all worth it to see you drift into dreamland smiling. You are my favourite audience -- I am beginning to realize that as I am your number one fan, you may just be mine as well.

You love music.  I guess most babies do.  You like Bob Marley to calm you down... whenever you are frustrated or crying we put on Bob and bring you out in the backyard and you instantly relax.  You are a natureboy.  You love staring and talking to the trees or the grass -- especially on a windy day as they sway from side to side.

You go bananas for daddy's Octopus routine -- I have to videotape it because to describe it as daddy slowly rising his hand while opening and closing his finger and then coming back down and pinching your nose (minus sound effects) just doesn't cut it.

5 months -  you joined the Jolly Jumper club: we have a trillion videos of you jumping around like Muhammad Ali -- floating like a butterfly, stinging like a bee -- you are soft and swift on the tips of your toes, with the intensity of champion boxer.  Your face gets all serious and tense like you are on a mission to accomplish something (or your constipated) -- and you start jumping out of control! Videos saved for a later date.

Your favourite thing to do -- besides eat, sleep and poop -- is to take a bath in your whale bathtub.  You could stay in that thing forever -- splashing and kicking.  The water splashes in your face and you blink and seem surprised wondering what happened... then you do it all over again.  You are a waterbaby for sure my little Pisces (sorry daddy that he was a day shy of being Aquarius like Valentino Rossi)!

You don't crawl yet, but you catapult.  You curl your toes and dig them into the ground, bending your knees then kicking off and flying forward -- this and rolling seem to be your choice of movement right now.

You TALK -- A LOT.  Blabbing, blabbing, blabbing... I think you assume we understand you as you throw out these incredible noises of different octaves...all while smiling -- SMILING -- you do this all the time - you are a generally happy and lovey (is that a word?) baby... I think you get from your father. Hah.

I love you Sebastiano Maurizio Grossi -- love of my heart -- you make my life lovely.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...