September 11, 2010

I am a Mother's Daughter

If there is one thing being a mother has taught me, it's how damn wonderful my mother was, is and will always be.  She might be wacky, and funny, over helpful at times, and forgetful at others --  but above all she is my mother --> the greatest mother I know (by faaaaaaaaaaaar) and the same way I hope Seba grows to be like his father, I hope I grow to be like my mom.


The other day we were out all day and I went home forgetting to buy the safety covers for the plug outlets... about an hour later my mom came by to drop off some stuff for dinner that night... as I'm sifting through the bag I find the plug covers.  That is something only a mom would do... maybe even only my mom would do.  I had to pause and smile because, although Carol is predictable most of the time, sometimes her sweet thoughts and actions manage to surprise me.


Seriously, I don't know what I would do without my mom.  We are like peas and carrots. Peanut butter and jam.  Coffee and milk. You mix us together and we make something wonderful.  


Stefano sometimes makes fun of our relationship saying that the doctor forgot to cut my umbilical cord.  Maybe it's true.  Maybe I am attached to my mother. But, more than that, maybe I just like her as a friend almost as much as I love her as a mother.


my mom & i




A few quotes that make me think of my  my mother: 






A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.  ~Tenneva Jordan

My mom is a never ending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being.  I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune.  ~Graycie Harmon

A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.  ~Washington Irving

Now, as always, the most automated appliance in a household is the mother.  ~Beverly Jones


A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take." Cardinal Mermillod

A daughter is a mother's gender partner, her closest ally in the family confederacy, an extension of her self.  And mothers are their daughters' role model, their biological and emotional road map, the arbiter of all their relationships.  ~Victoria Secunda





Seba baby I hope you love me half as much as I love my mom and it will be more than enough.  Or you can love me just as much because I will love you more, more, more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...