October 6, 2010

Babies grow?! OH NO!

I just found this un-posted post I wrote a couple weeks ago:


Seba is cool.  Seriously, he is.  If he was not my son, I'd still want to be his friend.
This morning he was trying to grab a telephone cord --> our dialog went a little something like this:
Seba: eehhh ahhh eehhhh ddddiiii diiii
Mommy: Seba no!
Seba: eeehhh aaaahhh heeeehhhh (continuing with his mission)
Mommy: Seba please! Don't touch that telephone cord!!!
Seba: gggggguuuuooo (looking at me.. clearly disappointed)
Mommy: Give me your hand please.  Come Seba, give me your hand please.
Seba: ehhh haaaooo (gives me his hand)
YAY!!!!  Whether he understood me I have no clue, but the end result was the same! And sooo... I gave him a dose of his favourite video: Skidamarink!!! What a treat =))


This evening while I was preparing dinner (about an hour and a half), he played on his own in the familyroom --- I seriously paused and thought: damn, our son is unbelievably wonderful.  Incredibly amazing this boy is. I'm cooking dinner uninterrupted for 1.5 hrs with my 7 month old little prince."




I'd like to add, now, that -- less than 2 weeks later -- Seba no longer stays out of trouble while mommy is cooking!!!!  Instead, he creeps, crawls, grabs and pulls his way up to anything that will help him stand.... then he falls to the not-so-far ground and screams. 
REPEAT. 
REPEAT. 
REPEAT. 
all. night. long. -- and no, not Lionel Richie style.


My how things have changed...how you have grown. 
How we love you so... and so...












You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose.

You're on your own.
And you know what you know.
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go.
-- Dr. Seuss
(much, much, much later of course -- this was me getting a little ahead of myself and slightly exaggerating the aging process... geez louise you're only 7 1/2 months!) 




to be continued...

2 comments:

  1. OW I love the photos under the desk! I'm your newest follower Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. These are great pictures!

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...