October 15, 2010

When you're learning to stand, but your pants feel full of sand...

Diarrhea. Diarrhea.
 --- Stinky has it, and it ain't pretty.  He's had it since Monday evening.  At first I thought it was something new I introduced in his diet... then I thought maybe it's the change in rice cereal flavour... and after last night (see below for play by play of our not-so-wonderful-night with the stinkster) I thought -- uh, it's time to call the doctor.  


Last night! What a night.  The prince cried awake at about 3:30am with toe-stiffening, knee-raising belly pain.  I stayed up with him - a) changing his diaper b) rocking him and singing c) giving him a bath d) rocking him and singing... again.  
What I learned during this time:

  • That I can sing the skidamarink song about 19 times in half an hour
  • That in the same half hour I can rock approximately 3060 times in the Poang Chair,
  • And smother the price with more than 1 billion tons of love 
  • That Stinky didn't live up to his name until right now.  Who knew he could get stinkier.  We have decided that his poop doesn't even smell like poop.  It's oozes a mix between newborn poop and vomit.  We have named this "stuff" GOO
  • That daddy sleeps very deeply  -- but manages to cup one hand on mommy's bum as she slides back into bed -- which she allows (even if she wants to kill him for sleeping through this ordeal) because she's cold and his hand his like the center of a warm, moist white chocolate brownie alla Moxies.   Damn, why did I think about the brownie.
  • That Seba was tricking me all this time when he'd pull his right leg out of sleeper just as I put his left leg in and vice versa --- he's too sick to trick me tonight, and so the truth is revealed -- he's not only stinky, but sneaky  too. (Reading the point above, I can see clearly where he gets this from)
  • That a sick baby can keep even the sleepiest mom awake with sorriness for her poor poopster =(
  • That god has more important things to do than answer a prayer begging for a stinky prince to just close.   his.   eyes!!!!!!!
  • That the stinkster still loves his music moon even after beating it up for a few months. After 3 attempts at escaping from his crib, he lay watching and listening to it for the last 15 min before flipping over and z-ing off. 
After all of the above, I thought he was feeling better.  I went to bed.  I slept. For about 5 min.... and... Rewind. Start again.  Apparently I was wrong about the moon. He still loves kicking the crap out of it.  Loudly.
Daddy ran to the rescue this time.  
He Saaaaaaaaved.  The Day. 
After a rub, a bottle, a burp and some sweet whispers in Italian -- the Prince was slipping back into sleepiness by about 5:05am-ish.  The dad also discovered that placing him in his bed with his bum in the air helped.  A lot.  
And so he slept. 
We slept. 
Everyone slept.. until 10:00am =)

This morning we went to the doctor.  It seems diarrhea is going around.  Be careful.  It could be coming to a home near you.  We bought some Pedialyte.  We bought some super-strong, 40% zinc-oxide diaper rash cream.  We are armed, diarrhea, and dangerous.  

And, with this (what is "this"? I dunno... ) , I leave you with a little token of what I sang, in my head, as I snoozed off into lalaland:



The above blog is in reference to the night of Wednesday, Oct. 13. 2010.  Tonight, I hope, will not be a repeat of the aforementioned events.




Ps.  If you want to help put an end to diarrhea all across the universe:  Vote for us. Pretty Please?



We Are A Top Baby Blog

2 comments:

  1. Night after: butt-up AND sleeping all night!

    ps: an anticipated special thanks to Vicky, she just said she'll repeat the car song from Bologna to Val Gardena next January...

    ReplyDelete
  2. poor little guy. hope he is feeling better.

    http://lilmuselily.com/

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...