November 20, 2010

1.75 days late, here we are.

So I missed Thrift Thursday.  Time is just flying by me.  I can't believe it's the weekend already.  Where did the week go?  Want it to speed up? It slows down. Want it to slowdown? It zooms by.
I was all prepared to write my regular Thursday night blog... till I got overwhelmed by all the photos on my computer, started organizing them... and lost track of time. Time lost track of me.... it flew by and left me behind...at my desk... black circles fixed on a blinding bright computer light... petrified reflections of suspended eyes on screen.  Shutdown. Sleep. Tomorrow is a new day.
And today was a new day.  I went out to get Sebastian some ready-to-use cans of formula (for Cuba -- we leave Wednesday!), but forgot my coupons at home. I went to the supermarket and bought all the ingredients to make seafood paella for dinner.  It took 3 supermarkets before I found saffron... really? Really. Including preparation time, it took about 2 hrs to make this meal...and..... it was TERRIBLE.  I knew I shouldn't have rushed into choosing the first recipe I found online.  The worst part is, while cooking I found several other recipes for it that sounded way, way better... but it was too late =(
I didn't eat it. Everyone else did -- probably cause they felt sorry for the poor little chef (or they are scared of my sometimes-nutsy-overreactions) --> option 2 more likely)  
Meh. The coffee was good.  So were the grapes.  
This leads me to where I am now.  Sitting on the poang in the family room with Stefano...watching Invictus...again (great movie).... listening to the beep of the stinks' monitor.  I can't see my reflection, but I am almost positive that today is not a new day after all...but a repeat of last night.  The difference? Tonight I am writing... in a seemingly sleep-induced state... this is almost as bad as drunk dialing/texting... to... everyone. Oh well.  Tomorrow's a new day.
Shikes.  Tomorrow is today... I guess it won't be new after all.
Goodnight & some photos.  Click on them to enlarge... if you want to.
PS. Blogger won't allow me to choose my text size today... off to another great start~!


Thursday.






Obsessive phonetogrpahy of the stinky mister. I can't seem to shake my pseudo-polaroid addiction. ***It doesn't even require shaking*** 
It's digital.


thursday night. lights out.





friday.


"I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul." William Ernest Henley, Invictus 
(totally unrelated to the post, but not loved any the less for it)






No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...