November 23, 2010

Stinky goes to Cuba: Part 1

"this shirt is daddy mojito proof"
We leave for Cayo Coco tomorrow.

travelling with a 9 month old is sooooooooooooooooooo much more difficult than travelling with a 3 month old.  --- and I haven't even left yet --- that sentence should actually read "packing for a 9 month old is soooooooooooooooooo much more difficult than.... blah, blah, blah.." ...you get the point.
I made a list :
clothes
swimmers & swimsuit
FORMULA  (pain in the butt -- I got all ready-to-use formula just in case we have any water issues)
FOOD (another pain in the you know what -- cans, upon cans of baby food)
sunblock
sun-hat
towel
Afterbite for infants
diapers (arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! yes, another pain!)
mosquito net
disposable liners for Playtex 'drop ins' bottles... got 'em free at the babyshow... they are pre-sterilized. genius.
Tylenol
baby suppositories (just in case!)
Anbesol baby
teether
books/toys

I'm sure there are numerous things in my suitcase that are not on this list... but heck.. .the point is:
I went from packing bikinis, sexy clothes and make-up ---> to packing diapers and formula?!?!?!?! 

Anyhow. Seba and I are packed. Almost... 
We leave tomorrow morning.  I am not cool and/or popular enough to have a 'guest blogger' -- so we'll just be gone for a week... yup, no stinky for one week. 
I wonder if I'll go into bloggers' withdrawal?  Will I actually finish reading my novel?  Will I actually shower everyday? These and other trivial questions will be answered upon our return.

In other news, today was Sebastian's 9 month check-up! He's 28.5 inches long and 17lbs, 10oz.  Yes, he's skinny.  The boy has chubby cheeks, a belly, thick ankles and thighs... and no fat anywhere else.  He's like a mini Humpty Dumpty... without teeth.  Did Humpty even have teeth?!
Doesn't matter.
Here is the nine-month-old-toothless-humpty-dumpty-of-stinkiness, skinny legs and all :
(excuse the blurriness... stinky was moving faster than the speed of light today)








 

One thing that made me happy while packing:
Stinky's summer clothes have been reborn! Everything that was fitting big during the summer fits him perfectly now =)


you can still vote while we're away!
                  Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

3 comments:

  1. hope you had a good trip and that you arrived safely. have a great time even though you won't be in a sexy bikini and will be drinking formula. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun! Kale will be this age when we take him to Cuba so I am going to have a thousand questions for you when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great trip!!!
    We are traveling in two weeks to the freeezing cold NY, so much easier to travel to summer isn't it :)
    Our babe is 9 months next week, please share some travleing tips!!
    thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...