November 3, 2011

thursdayness

hearts and thoughts they fade
memories of a birth
come back via maternity stockings
it was cold this morning
ice on my window
i hate winter when i'm outdoors
i need indoors. fevered heat. blankets. warm feet.
today i counted all his little socks as i put them in the wash
they won't disappear
i caught him licking the bottom of his non-slip ones 
he looked at me and smiled
offering me a lick
to which i kindly responded: uhh, no thanks, not hungry
but he was 
i love the little crunch his teeth make as they make contact with an arrowroot biscuit
i'm a like a kid with a crush
he looks at me and i bashfully smile
hugging, squeezing, kissing, breathing in his baby scent 
worrying it will change soon
worrying i won't remember it
we jump on the bed and cuddle
giggle and wiggle
like school kids
he makes me feel like a child
someone gave me the finger on the highway this morning
she must have felt like a child too
it was funny
ouch my side hurts
ovulation cramps
you know there is an actual term for severe ovulation cramps?
mittelschmerz
feels like appendicitis
i guess.. but i've never had appendicitis so don't quote me on that
 it hurt a lot today, especially while i was grating cheese
god. i need an electric cheese grater.
not a blender, or a bullet.
a grater
it will save me time
i change into stefano's shirt for bed
this is where i want to be on a thursday night
on my sofa, next to my man
watching grey's anatomy while a little skunk runs circles in front of me
he refuses to change
i changed 
by not changing at all
it's been playing in my head all day
hopefully tomorrow as well
as i begin to cry while watching grey's
i look over and see stefano in seba's skunk hat
seba wearing one skunk slipper
this is the life
my tears dry
i'm too happy to cry.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I didn't even know there was such thing as an electric cheese grater, but I clearly need one too.

    Kale has also refused to take off his chicken costume pants. Orange, fuzzy pants that are way too small.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahahha. I saw the photo of him in them and died of laughter! They're so fun.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...